According to insiders, LG Display 9.7-inch iPad screen panel shipments fell to 600,000 units in January, which dropped 90% compared to the previous month 6 million. The main reason for the sharp reduction of the iPad screen panel shipments includes iPad mini is becoming more and more popular, and the growing demand for low-end cheap Tablet PC. Industry analysts pointed out that January is usually the period of lower panel shipment.
LG currently month iPad mini screen panel shipment is between about 3.5 to 4 million, which accounted for the major share of January’s 5 million total panel shipments.
At the same time, the market research firm WitsView pointed out that, during the first half of 2013, 35% of Apple’s tablet PC shipments will be for the iPad, the remaining 65% shipments will be contributed by iPad mini.