How to Install a Lenovo ThinkPad T60p 6457 Wireless Network Card?
1. Verify that the wireless network card you've purchased will work with your laptop. and you have to make sure the type of wireless network card you've purchase will specifically fit the PCI card slot on the laptop. Compatible units will be listed on the box in which the Lenovo ThinkPad T60p 6457 Network Card came.
2. Locate the external PCI card slot on the case of your laptop. This slot will be on one of the sides of the case, either the left or the right.
3. Insert your wireless network adapter into the PCI card slot on your laptop. The card should push directly into the slot until it won't press in any farther. When properly connected, a green indicator light will illuminate on the card, indicating that it is now "on."
4. Turn on your laptop. The Windows operating system should automatically recognize the card, at which point a "Your hardware is installed correctly" message will appear on screen. If this does not happen after a few minutes, put the CD-ROM for your Lenovo ThinkPad T60p 6457 Wifi Card into your DVD-ROM drive and continue to "Step 5."
5. Click "Install" to install the card driver. Restart your computer. Your wireless network card is properly installed and configured in your laptop.