hard drives are very easy to replace. have made the process of replacing a hard drive in a laptop a task that does not require any computer technical skills. All that is required is a couple of screwdrivers and a few minutes of time.
1. Locate the Compaq Presario V6102EA caddy bay on your laptop. Look for an area with a flat head screw and either a small slot or a grooved area intended to be pushed with your fingers. Use a flat-head screwdriver to remove the screw from the drive-bay cover.
2. Insert a small Philips-head screwdriver into the slot and twist to loosen the cover, or use your fingers to slide the cover away from the base of the laptop.
3. Remove the existing hard drive. In some models, there will be a small blue tab that you will gently pull with your fingers. In other models, the hard drive will be connected to the bay cover and be removed when you remove the cover.
4. Use the small Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the four screws holding the hard drive in the caddy. Remove the existing hard drive from the Compaq Presario V6102EA caddy by sliding the drive out of the base.
5. Slide the new drive into the caddy and replace the four screws to hold it in place. Insert the hard drive back into the hard drive bay on the ThinkPad. Push the drive gently until it is secure to the interior connection. If the bay cover is connected to the drive caddy, you will not need to push, as this will happen when you return the bay cover to the proper position.
6.Slide the bay cover into the proper position and screw the holding screw back into place. Turn on your computer and load your operating system and any desired software.